When our babies start preschool it’s a special time. It’s their first time going to big school. Now, while that can be very exciting, some kids may develop anxiety with the thought of it. Reading books about going to school for the first time can be a big help! I have compiled a list of books that are amazing to prepare your child for this big step.
Begin reading these books and start the conversation about going to school early. This will give your little one time to process it and ask all the questions they have. This will allow them to be more comfortable and confident on their big day.
1. Pete the Cat: Rocking in my School Shoes by Eric Litwin
2. Llama Llama Misses Mama by Anna Dewdney
3. The Kissing Hand by Ruth E. Harper
4. Stand Tall Molly Lou Lemon by Patti Lavelle
5. Splat the Cat: Back to School by Rob Scotton
6. If you Take a Mouse to School by Laura Numeroff
7. The Night Before Preshcool by Natasha Wing
8. Pout Pout Fish Goes to School by Debra Diesen
As you read each of these books about going to school for the first time, talk to your child about the storylines and how it relates to them. Ask them questions and see if they have any for you. This will allow you to talk about things that they may be nervous about. These stories should reassure them that the first day and everyday will be great.
Other Posts You May Like:
5 Tips to Prepare Your Child for Preschool
What I’m doing to Prepare my son for Pre-K
20 Positive Things to Say to Your Toddler Daily
Back to School Tips for Busy Moms
Back to School Fashion Essentials for Kids